1228BBC  

🐸童鞋們🐹快來上英聽課了哦~~

💼 今日主題:The fame game 名利的遊戲
💼 凱妃老師&派老師共同推薦:雅思聽力最好的課外教材:BBC
💼 康康精選雅思會考的主題,堅持每天精聽一定會進步的哦!!

👯 建議方法:
1. 先聽兩三遍 (不看文稿)
2. 再一句一句聽寫 (每句都要聽寫數遍,直到寫出85%以上的字)
3. 最後check文稿,看哪聽不出來,單字沒背過,還是發音不熟。
4. 堅持天天聽,就能每天進步哦。

👯 MP3音檔 (按右鍵可下載聽):喜歡的同學,幫忙推或按讚哦~~
http://static.iyuba.com/sounds/minutes/150.mp3

👯 只有音檔怎夠,聽不懂地方,不用怕,康康幫你準備好中英文稿了:

👯 中英文稿:
Hello I'm Neil. Welcome to 6 Minute English. And with me here in the studio ladies and gentlemen is … Finn!
大家好,我是Neil。歡迎收聽今天的六分鐘英語節目。今天和我搭檔做節目的是誰呢?女士們先生們,請容我隆重介紹Finn!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you sound effects! Thank you, Neil! Is this all for me? I feel like quite a?celebrity!
謝謝!謝謝!謝謝音響師!謝謝你,Neil!這都是為我準備的嗎?感覺自己成了「名人」!
Yes, a celebrity – someone famous - particularly someone in?show business, that's the world of entertainment, theatre and film. Today we're talking about fame, and teaching you some related vocabulary.
是的,名人——就是一些非常出名的人,一般是指演藝界人士。就是從事娛樂、喜劇以及電影工作的人。今天,我們要來討論的話題就是名聲、名望,並教給大家一些相關詞彙。
Yes. Some celebrities are famous for their?talent, which means by their ability to do something well, like singing, acting or telling jokes …
沒錯,很多名人都有自己突出的才能,意思就是他們擅長做某些事情,如唱歌、表演或者講好笑的故事等……
And others are famous for…well, for being famous or being associated with someone who is.The names Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian come to mind: wealthy women with their own TV shows. But, talking about celebrity, let me ask you a question.
還有一些人出名是因為……因為自己有名或者和某些人有關係。提到Paris Hilton和Kim Kardashian的時候我們就會想到有錢的女人和她們自己的電視節目。但是,提到名人,讓我先來問你個問題。
Actually Neil, only if you play that lovely applause again.? Go on Neil!
其實Neil,如果你能再來一次剛才那個有趣的音效就好了。來吧,Neil!
I knew you would love this. Right. Here it goes.
我就知道你會喜歡這個的。來吧,再來一次。
Yes! Anyway, Neil... I can give you my?autograph?later…
太棒了!Neil,一會我可以給你來張親筆簽名……
You mean signature? An autograph is the signature of a?famous?person, Finn. Fans collect these and things like photographs.
你的意思是你的簽字?autograph就是名人的簽字。粉絲們會收集一些像簽名之類的東西。
Yes, we call things like those?memorabilia.
沒錯,我們把這些東西叫做紀念品。
For example, Michael Jackson's leather glove with shiny crystals - it became very famous in the 1980s when he presented his moonwalk to the world. How much was it sold for at auction in 2009? Was it:a) US$ 150,000b) US$ 250,000 orc) US$ 350,000
比方說,Michael Jackson的閃耀水晶皮手套——在20世紀80年代,他在全世界觀眾面前展示了自己的太空漫步,然後他的皮手套造型就火了。你知道在2009年它拍賣的價格是多少嗎?a)150,000美金b)250,000美金c)350,000美金
I think Michael Jackson has some big fans in the world so I'll say c) US$ 350,000.
Michael Jackson有那麼多粉絲,我猜答案是c)35萬美元
Okay. I'll give you the answer at the end of the programme.
好的,節目最後告訴你答案。
So the idea of celebrity seems very modern in some ways – does it have a long history?
名人這個概念從某種意義來說是十分現代的——它有什麼歷史嗎?
Well, Lord Byron, a very famous English poet born in 1788, is considered by some experts to be the world's first modern-style celebrity. Let's hear Dr Corin Throsby, English Literature researcher at Cambridge University.
拜倫勛爵,生於1788年,是英國著名詩人。專家認為,他就是世界上第一個現代名人。讓我們來聽聽劍橋大學英國文學研究者Corin Throsby博士是怎麼說的吧。
Why was Byron a celebrity?
為什麼Byron是名人?
Listen out for the noun she uses in the first sentence meaning a product, or something for sale.
聽聽她第一句用了哪個名詞來表示產品或者商品。
If we think of celebrity as the moment where someone's personality becomes a commodity. So, for Byron the fact that he was popular on this scale that had never been achieved before because his career had coincided with mass printing. But something more than that, that there was a sort of a secondary industry of Byron stuff, you know, that there were Byron neck ties, people wanted to look like Byron. There was this mass of people that loved him. He could no longer control his image. I think that's what separates celebrity from the fame that had preceded that.
如果我們想到名人的時候會認為是某人的性格變成了商品。但事實上。Byron的出名是前所未有的,因為他的事業剛好和印刷術的發展不期而遇。還要提到的一 點是關於Byron還有第二項產業,你知道嗎,那個時候甚至有Byron領帶,因為人們想要打扮的像Byron那樣。有好多人瘋狂的喜歡他。他已無法控制 自己的形象。我想這就是和過去的名人相區分的一點。
So the noun was 』a commodity'. She said that when someone's personality becomes a product, that's when they turn into a celebrity.?
她用了名詞「a commodity」。她說當某人的性格變成商品的時候,就是他們變成名人的時候?
She talked of fame so big you can't control your own image – that's your reputation, the way other people think about you and imagine you. Someone interesting in this respect is Justin Bieber.
她還說當一個人的名氣變得非常大的時候,他甚至無法控制自己的形象了——那就是名聲的原因,人們會另樣看待你並產生許多幻想。Justin Bieber身上就發生了類似有趣的事。
Yeah. Are you a fan, Neil?
是啊,你是他的粉絲嗎,Neil?
I'm a massive fan of Justin Bieber. I love him.
我是Justin Bieber的忠實粉絲,我愛死他啦。
I believe you.
我相信。
He's a big name and he's always in the newspapers. His fans are called 』Beliebers'…
他很有名,總是能上報紙頭條。他的粉絲被叫做「Beliebers」……信仰者
and Byron's fans were called 』Byron maniacs'. That's the name his wife gave his adoring fans. Though she wasn't too happy about them.
Byron的粉絲被叫做「Byron狂熱者」。這個名字是Byron的妻子起的。雖然她並不是很喜歡他們。
Yes. Byron's life was full of scandals, actions which cause shock and disapproval among people.
沒錯,Byron的妻子有很多醜聞,她的一些行為讓人們非常震驚,人們也很不贊同。
And for Byron it was mainly his love life. He had affairs with men and women.?
但對Byron來說,那主要就是他的愛情生活。他和一些男人和女人有著不同尋常的關係。
For Justin Bieber it's about his behaviour. He was accused of driving after drinking alcohol, and of?vandalism.
而Justin Bieber主要是他的行為問題。他被指控酒後開車,還有一些破壞行為。
Vandalism means causing damage to property.
Vandalism就是指對一些財產造成破壞。
Poor Justin Bieber!
可憐的Justin Bieber!
Though he's very popular - his career started when he was in his early teens and I think it must have been difficult growing up with this global fame. Still, I wonder how much his autograph is worth in the current market…
雖然他很出名——他少年的時候就成了名人,我想,他在這種全球聞名的光環下成長確實不太容易。我還是想知道他的親筆簽名在現在市場上值多少錢……
Well,I don't know about Justin Bieber's autograph but I do know about Michael Jackson's shiny glove. It became iconic in the 1980s, but how much was it sold for? Was it US$ 150,000; US$ 250,000 or c) US$ 350,000?
我不知道 Justin Bieber的簽名值多少錢,但是我知道Michael Jackson水晶手套的價錢。他的手套在20世紀80年的時候變成標誌性服飾,那它拍賣了多少錢呢?是150,000美元,250,000美元,還是350,000美元呢?
I said c) US$ 350,000.
我猜是350,000美元吧。
And you were right.
你猜對了。
Wow! That's rare.
哇!這可真稀奇。
Did you buy it?
是你買的嗎?
It wasn't me. No.
不,可不是我。
Well, our time's up but let's remember the words we heard from today. Finn.
好的,我們今天的節目也快要結束了,下面讓我們來回顧一下今天學到的單詞吧,Finn。
We heard:celebrityshow businesstalentautographmemorabiliacommodityimagescandalvandalism
我們學到的單詞有:名人娛樂業才能簽字紀念品商品形象醜聞破壞行為
That's it for today. Please join us again soon for 6 Minute English from BBC Learning English.
好的,這就是全部的內容啦。希望大家下次繼續收聽我們的六分鐘英語節目。
Neil?
Neil?
What?
怎麼了?
You know what. Go on.
你知道的,來吧。
Okay. One more time.
好吧,再來一次。
You love it as well, don't you?
你也很喜歡,不是嗎?
I do. It's great. I'll join in.
確實,這聽起來很棒。

arrow
arrow

    字神帝國英語天地 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()