close

0118BBC.jpg  

今日主題:Business English: Rules 規則

童鞋們 快來上英聽課了哦~~

凱妃老師&派老師共同推薦:雅思聽力最好的課外教材:BBC
康康精選雅思會考的主題,堅持每天精聽一定會進步的哦!!

建議方法:
1. 先聽兩三遍 (不看文稿)
2. 再一句一句聽寫 (每句都要聽寫數遍,直到寫出85%以上的字)
3. 最後check文稿,看哪聽不出來,單字沒背過,還是發音不熟。
4. 堅持天天聽,就能每天進步哦。

MP3音檔 (按右鍵可下載聽):喜歡的同學,幫忙推或按讚哦~~
http://static.iyuba.com/sounds/minutes/101.mp3

只有音檔怎夠,聽不懂地方,不用怕,康康幫你準備好中英文稿了:

中英文稿:
Welcome to 6 Minute English! I’m Feifei.
歡迎大家來到BBC 6分鐘英語!我是Feifei。
And I’m Neil.
我是Neil。
In today’s programme… what’s that smell, Neil? Have you been smoking?
在今天的節目裡...這是什麼味兒,Neil?你一直在吸煙嗎?
Smoking? Me? Absolutely not, no.
吸煙?我?絕對不可能。
Well, I’m sure I can smell it on your clothes.
呃,但是我確定是從你衣服上聞到的。
It’s not me. Smoking is against the rules here: in fact, it’s against the law.
不是我。吸煙在我們這是違反規定的:實際上,這是違反法律的。
Yes that’s true. It’s been in the news a lot recently and with more and more employers banning smoking in the workplace, today we’re talking about rules and regulations at work.Neil what do you think about rules at work – are they a necessary evil or are you a bit of a rebel?
是的,這是對的。最近有很多新聞報導越來越多的雇主禁止員工在工作場所吸煙,今天我們討論的就是工作時的規章制度。Neil,你覺得工作規則怎麼樣--是令人生厭還是你有點反叛?
Ah, you know me, I’m a rebel through and through! Let’s hear from some other people to find out about some of the rules and regulations they have at their workplace.
呃,你知道我的,我是反叛的!讓我們來聽聽其他人來瞭解他們工作時的一些規章制度。
I’m actually wearing jeans at work today and I think it’s good to be able to be comfortable when you come to work because you feel more relaxed and you can work a bit better.
我今天穿著牛仔褲來上班,我覺得這樣在你工作的時候會很舒服,因為會讓你覺得更放鬆,工作會更好。
In some countries and cultures, giving gifts as a business gift is very important, for example I lived in Japan for a couple of years and that at New Year’s holidays and at various other times of the year, it was very important to give gifts.
在一些國家和文化中,作為商務禮品贈送禮物是非常重要的,例如說我在日本生活過幾年,在新年和很多其他的時候送禮是非常重要的。
At my workplace, we are not allowed to give out personal numbers because it’s a privacy issue and you just don’t know what might happen, so it’s for our own protection as well as in the interest of the company.
我們工作的場所是不允許提供個人資料給別人的,因為這是個人隱私,你也不知道(把個人資料給別人)會發生什麼,所以這是對我們自己的保護並維護公司的利益。
So a few different rules there but Neil what’s the best way to talk about rules and regulations at work?
是有幾個不同的規則的,Neil,談論工作的規章制度最佳方式是什麼?
Well, I can’t answer that Feifei! You know the rules of this programme don’t you?
額,我回答不了,Feifei!你知道節目的規則,不是嗎?
What do you mean?
這是什麼意思?
We always have to ask the very lovely Business Betty to answer our question, and I think I can hear her now…
我們的問題一直都是由那位非常可愛的 Business Betty來回答,我想我聽到她來了...
It’s Business Betty!
是 Business Betty!
Hello Betty and may I say you’re looking very very lovely today…
你好 Betty,我想說你今天看上去非常非常可愛...
Thank you very much and what is today’s topic?
謝謝,今天的話題是什麼?
It’s rules and regulations.
是規章制度。
OK, let’s look at some useful language for talking about rules and regulations at work.To start with, you can say that something is ‘against company policy’. For example, smoking in the office.
好的,讓我們來看一些語言,適用於工作的規章制度。開始時,你可以說這是“違反公司的政策”。比如說,在辦公室吸煙。
Smoking in the office is against company policy.
在辦公室吸煙違反公司的政策。
Smoking in the office is against company policy. Or accepting gifts.
在辦公室吸煙違反公司的政策。或收禮。
Accepting gifts is against company policy.
收禮違反公司的政策。
Good Neil. Another useful phrase is ‘I’m sorry, but we’re not allowed.’
很好,Neil。另一個很有用的短語是“很抱歉,這是不允許的。”
So we could say, I’m sorry, but we’re not allowed to accept gifts.
所以我們可以說,很抱歉,但是我們不能收禮。
I’m sorry, but we’re not allowed to give out personal details.
很抱歉,但我們不能給出個人詳細資訊。
‘I’m sorry, but we’re not allowed’. That’s quite a formal phrase, but you can use it in most situations.If you want to use a much more informal phrase Feifei, you can say ‘I’m afraid that’s a no-no’ when someone asks you if they can do something.
“很抱歉,但這是不允許的。”這是一個很正式的短語,但是你可以在絕大多數的情況下都可以使用。Feifei,如果你想用一個比較不正式的短語,你可以說“恐怕這是一個禁忌”當有人問你他們可否做什麼的時候。
Are we allowed to wear shorts at work?
我們上班的時候可以穿短褲嗎?
I’m afraid that’s a no-no.
恐怕這是一個禁忌。
Can I have John’s home phone number?
可以給我John家的電話號碼嗎?
I’m afraid that’s a no-no too.
恐怕這也是一個禁忌。
So you can say that something’s ‘against company policy’. You can use the phrase ‘I’m sorry, but we’re not allowed’ and then we’ve got an informal phrase ‘I’m sorry, that’s a no-no’. Is that enough for you?
所以你可以說這“違反公司的政策。”你可以使用短語“很抱歉,這是不允許的”,非正式的短語就是“恐怕這是一個禁忌。”這足夠了嗎?
That’s absolutely wonderful, thanks Betty.
這簡直太棒了,謝謝你 Betty。
Well if there’s nothing else, I’ll be on my way.
好,如果沒有別的什麼事,我就走了。
Thanks for coming Betty.
謝謝你的到來。
Bye Betty…
再見Betty。
Bye!
拜~
She’s just the best, isn’t she?
她做的很棒,不是嗎?
I know - I don’t know what we’d do without her. So Neil, are you ready for a role-play about rules?
我知道——不知道沒有她我們會怎麼辦。Neil,你準備好角色互換了嗎?
Only if I can be the boss!
只要我是老闆就行!
I’m afraid that’s a no-no.
恐怕這是個禁忌。
Ha ha, very funny. I like that. Is it against company policy?
哈哈,很有意思。我喜歡。這違反公司的政策嗎?
Ha ha, funny, yourself.
哈哈,你真有意思。
So what’s the situation?
現在是什麼情況?
OK, we work at the same place. I’ve been there for years, and you’re new, you’ve been with the company for about a week and you want to know if you’re allowed to do certain things. Do you think you can manage that?
我們在同一地方上班。我在這工作已經幾年了,你是新來的,在公司呆了差不多一周,你想知道你可不可以做一些事。你覺得你可以做好嗎?
I’ll do my best. Right, getting ready…
我會盡力的。好了。準備...
Ready?
好了嗎?
Let’s do it.Hello Feifei!
讓我們開始吧。你好,Feifei!
Hi Neil! How are you settling in?
你好,Neil!感覺怎麼樣?
Oh, quite well, everybody’s very friendly and everything but there are still a few things I’m a bit confused about though.
很好,每個人都很友善,但是我有些事還是有點小困惑。
Oh, anything I can help with?
Oh,有什麼可以幫忙的嗎?
Well yes, the thing is, I know we’re not allowed to smoke inside but what about outside? Are we allowed to smoke in the car park?
是這樣的,我知道我們在辦公室是不允許吸煙的,但是出去可以嗎?在停車場吸煙可以嗎?
No, I’m sorry but we’re not allowed. Smoking’s against company policy, even in the car park.
不可以,這是不允許的。吸煙違反公司的規定,即使是在停車場。
OK, I thought so.I just wanted to check. And I was wondering, what about wearing shorts at work? Is that allowed?
好的,我也是這麼想的。我只是確認下。我還想知道的是,在工作的時候穿短褲呢?是允許的嗎?
No, wearing shorts, that’s a big no-no.
不允許,穿短褲,是一個大禁忌。
Hmm but I saw Charlie wearing shorts on Monday and I thought -
Hmm,但是我週一的時候看到Charlie穿著短褲,我以為...
Noooo… Monday was his day off and he just popped in to pick something up. Wearing jeans at work is against company policy, definitely. It’s not very business-like.
不是,週一他休息,他只是突然過來拿東西。穿牛仔上班絕對違反公司的政策。顯得不務實。
Oh, right, I see. OK and I wanted to go home early on Friday. I guess that’s not allowed either, is it?
好的,我明白了。我想週五的時候早點回家。我想那也是不允許的,對吧?
No, I’m afraid it isn’t. So that’s the end of the role play, how was it for you Neil?
是的,恐怕這是不允許的。這就是角色扮演的結尾了,Neil這個角色怎麼樣?
Yep very good, but my word – what a lot of rules, I’m glad we don’t have as many as that here at BBC Learning English!
很好,但是我說的話---怎麼那麼多規定,很高興的是在BBC Learning English的規定沒有這麼多!
Yes I know.We’re quite relaxed here. Join us again soon for another episode of 6 Minute English. Bye.
是的。我們在這很放鬆。歡迎繼續收聽我們下一期的BBC6分鐘英語。
Bye!
拜~

arrow
arrow
    創作者介紹
    創作者 字神帝國英語天地 的頭像
    字神帝國英語天地

    字神帝國英語天地

    字神帝國英語天地 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()