close

0201BBC.jpg  

 今日主題:Business English: Arranging meetings  安排會議 
 凱妃老師&派老師共同推薦:雅思聽力最好的課外教材:BBC
 康康精選雅思會考的主題,堅持每天精聽一定會進步的哦!!

 建議方法:
1. 先聽兩三遍 (不看文稿)
2. 再一句一句聽寫 (每句都要聽寫數遍,直到寫出85%以上的字)
3. 最後check文稿,看哪聽不出來,單字沒背過,還是發音不熟。
4. 堅持天天聽,就能每天進步哦。

 MP3音檔 (按右鍵可下載聽):喜歡的同學,幫忙推或按讚哦~~
http://static.iyuba.com/sounds/minutes/95.mp3

 只有音檔怎夠,聽不懂地方,不用怕,康康幫你準備好中英文稿了:

 中英文稿:
Hello, I’m Feifei and this is 6 Minute English.
大家好,我是菲菲,這裡是六分鐘英語。
And I’m Neil.
我是尼爾。
How are you Neil and what have you been up to?
你好,尼爾,你都在忙什麼呢?
I’m very well, thank you. I’ve been listening to the news a lot this week.
我很好,謝謝你。這周我收聽了很多新聞。
Oh yeah?
是嗎?
Yes, there are all kinds of things going on, lots of important people getting together, discussing important things... and it got me thinking about meetings and what it’s like trying to arrange a time and place to suit everyone.
是的,正在發生各種各樣的事情,很多重要的人聚集在一起,討論重要的事情……這讓我去思索會議,就像是去試圖安排適合每個人的時間和地點。
Oh it’s such a pain trying to get people together: if it’s only a couple of people it’s not too bad but when you need four or five people there’s always someone who wants a different time or a different place or a different date.
讓人們聚集在一起真是一件痛苦的事情:如果只聚集三兩個人是簡單的,但當你需要聚集四五個人的時候,總有人想要不同的時間、不同的地方或不同的日期。
And you’re not the only one who feels that way Feifei - let’s hear from some of our friends and colleagues talking about arranging meetings. How easy is it to find a time and place that everyone’s happy with?
菲菲,並不僅僅你自己有這種感覺,讓我們來聽聽一些朋友和同事關於安排會議的言論。找一個大家滿意的合適時間和地點是否容易呢?
In Brazil it’s very easy to arrange a meeting because Brazilian people aren’t very formal, we can have a meeting anywhere: on the corridor or in a room or around a desk, so it’s very easy to arrange a meeting in Brazil.
在巴西,安排一場會議是很容易的,因為巴西人不是很正式,會議可以安排在任何一個地方:在走廊,在一個房間裡,或者一張桌子上。所以,在巴西很容易安排一場會議。
In China if you have a meeting, you would usually call people to say we have a meeting by phone, or if you see them in the office you would say we have a meeting, that’s about it. It’s normally quite easy to fit in a meeting.
在中國,如果你有一個會議,你通常會打電話告訴他們我們有一個會議,或者如果你在辦公室看見他們,你會直接告訴他我們有一場會議,僅此而已。一般情況下,組織一個會議是很容易的。
In Indonesia the manager would normally arrange a meeting, he or she will have to check if everyone can attend.
在印尼,通常由經理安排會議,他或她必須查看是否每人都可參加。
It’s quite tricky to set up a time that suits everyone due to different schedules, so sometimes not everyone can attend.
尋找一個適合每個人的時間是相當棘手的,因為每個人都有不同的日程,所以有時並不是每個人都可以參加。
Oh you’re right Neil. I’m not the only one who thinks it’s a pain.
你是正確的,尼爾。並不只有我一個人認為這個痛苦的。
Well, like it or hate it, arranging meetings effectively is a really important business skill.
不管你是喜歡或是討厭它,安排有效的會議是一種重要的商業技能。
I guess so.
我也這樣認為。
I think I feel a role-play coming on…
我認為要開始角色扮演了。
We’re going to practise setting up meetings, aren’t we?
我們要練習安排會議,是嗎?
We are! We’re talking on the phone and we need to set up a meeting. And I think I should be the boss this time.
是的。我們通過電話安排一場會議。這次我當老闆。
We don’t need a boss Neil: we can just be colleagues.
尼爾,我們不需要老闆,我們可以只是同事。
Grrrr...
啊...
Are you ready?
準備好了嗎?
I’m ready!
準備好了!
Role-play
角色扮演
Feifei, we need to set up a meeting. Are you available this afternoon?
菲菲,我們需要安排一場會議。今下午你有時間嗎?
Er, sorry no... I’m in a meeting all afternoon.
對不起,我今下午一直有會議。
OK, no problem. What about tomorrow morning? Shall we say 10 o’clock?
沒關係。明天早上呢,10點可以嗎?
Tomorrow morning at 10. Let me check my diary... No, sorry I can’t do 10. How does 2 o’clock suit?
明天早上10點。我查看一下我的日程。對不起,10點我沒時間。2點可以嗎?
2 o’clock’s good.
2點可以。
Do we need to be face to face for this one?
我們需要當面談嗎?
No, I don’t think so. Let’s do this one on the phone.
不用,我們電話談吧。
Great!
好的!
I’ll call you at 2.
我2點給你打電話。
Speak to you soon. How did we do?
跟你談話很快。我們說的怎麼樣?
I think we were pretty good! But we need to hear from the lady who knows all about business language.
我認為我們做的很好!但我們需要聽聽瞭解有關商業語言知識的女士的看法。
It’s Business Betty!!
是商業貝蒂!
Hello you two!
你們好!
How are you Betty?
貝蒂你好嗎?
Fine, thank you Neil.
很好,謝謝尼爾。
So what did you think of our role-play Betty?
你認為我們的角色扮演怎樣呢?
I thought it was rather good! And here’s why: First, you used lots of direct questions - and in British business culture, when you’re arranging a meeting, it’s OK to ask direct questions about people’s availability.
我認為做的很好!下面是我的理由:首先,你使用了大量直接詢問,在英國商業文化中,在安排會議的時候是可以直接問某人是否有時間的。
Neil, you asked: Are you available…? Are you available this afternoon?
尼爾,你問:你有時間……?你今天下午有時間嗎?
And you said ‘What about…?’
你說“……怎樣呢?”
What about tomorrow morning?
明天早上怎樣呢?
Neil, you also said ‘Shall we say…?’
尼爾,你說“我們……怎樣?”
Shall we say 10 o’clock?
我們定在10點怎樣?
And finally, Feifei, you said ‘How does 2 o’clock suit?’
最後,菲菲你說“2點怎樣?”
How does 2 o’clock suit?
兩點怎樣?
So I liked that a lot: you both used simple, direct questions to agree the time. That was very good. And, as well as agreeing the time, I liked that you discussed and agreed the type of meeting. Feifei, you asked Neil if she wanted to meet in person. You said ‘Do we need to be face to face for this one?’
所以我很喜歡這樣:你們都用了簡單直接的問題來達成一致的時間。這很好。在達成一致時間的同時,我很贊成你們談論並達成會議的類型。菲菲你問尼爾她是否想面談。你說“我們需要面談嗎?”
Do we need to be face to face for this one?
我們需要面談嗎?
And Neil’s answer was ‘I don’t think so. Let’s do this one on the phone.’
尼爾的回答是“不需要,我們電話談吧。”
I don’t think so. Let’s do this one on the phone.
不需要,我們電話談吧。
So, you both asked nice, simple, direct questions, and you agreed the type of meeting. I’d say that was a job well done! Now, I must be off, I’ve got a meeting to go to. Bye!!
所以你們都使用了美好、簡單、直接的問題,並討論了會議類型。我想說這個工作做的很好!現在我需要離開了,我要參加一個會議。再見!
Thanks Betty, bye!!
謝謝貝蒂,再見!
Ahhh, she’s so good that Betty, a real top-notch professional.
貝蒂真棒,真正一流的專業人員。
She does know her stuff - and she really liked our role-play…
她瞭解她自己,她很喜歡我們的角色扮演……
She did! I’m feeling quite proud right now.
是的!我現在感到很自豪!
Shall we go over it again?
我們現在再來一遍吧?
I think we should! Are you ready?
好的!準備好了嗎?
I am!
準備好了。
Role-play
角色扮演
Feifei, we need to set up a meeting. Are you available this afternoon?
菲菲,我們需要安排一場會議。今下午你有時間嗎?
Er, sorry no... I’m in a meeting all afternoon.
對不起,我今下午一直有會議。
OK, no problem. What about tomorrow morning? Shall we say 10 o’clock?
沒關係。明天早上呢,10點可以嗎?
Tomorrow morning at 10. Let me check my diary... No, sorry I can’t do 10. How does 2 o’clock suit?
明天早上10點。我查看一下我的日程。對不起,10點我沒時間。2點可以嗎?
2 o’clock’s good.
2點可以。
Great! Do we need to be face to face for this one?
我們需要當面談嗎?
No, I don’t think so. Let’s do this one on the phone.
不用,我們電話談吧。
OK, speak to you later.
好的,很快電話聯繫你。
I’ll call you at 2.
我2點給你打電話。
Bye.
再見。
And that’s the end of today’s role-play… and it’s also the end of today’s programme!
我們今天的角色扮演到此結束。我們的節目也進入尾聲了。
So it’s goodbye from both of us – and please make sure you arrange to meet us again for another episode of 6 Minute English!
我們現在要向大家說再見了,下次六分鐘英語再見!
Bye!!
再見!

arrow
arrow
    創作者介紹
    創作者 字神帝國英語天地 的頭像
    字神帝國英語天地

    字神帝國英語天地

    字神帝國英語天地 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()