close

0116BBC.jpg  

今日主題:Business English: Punctuality 守時

童鞋們,快來上英聽課了哦~~

凱妃老師&派老師共同推薦:雅思聽力最好的課外教材:BBC
康康精選雅思會考的主題,堅持每天精聽一定會進步的哦!!

建議方法:
1. 先聽兩三遍 (不看文稿)
2. 再一句一句聽寫 (每句都要聽寫數遍,直到寫出85%以上的字)
3. 最後check文稿,看哪聽不出來,單字沒背過,還是發音不熟。
4. 堅持天天聽,就能每天進步哦。

MP3音檔 (按右鍵可下載聽):喜歡的同學,幫忙推或按讚哦~~
http://static.iyuba.com/sounds/minutes/108.mp3

只有音檔怎夠,聽不懂地方,不用怕,康康幫你準備好中英文稿了:

中英文稿:
Hello I’m Feifei and welcome to another episode of 6 Minute English.
大家好,我是Feifei,歡迎來到新一期BBC6分鐘英語。
Hi, I’m Neil.
大家好,我是Neil。
Oh, here you are Neil, I was just about to start without you.
Oh,你來了Neil,我正打算自己開始了。
No need, no need, I’m never late for anything, you know that! Punctuality is my middle name.
沒必要,沒必要,你知道的我從不遲到!守時就是我的名字。
Punctuality meaning: being on time for things.
守時的意思是:準時做事。
Yes, punctuality means not being late. It’s very important in Western working culture. Are you a punctual person Feifei?
是的,守時的意思是不遲到。在西方工作環境裡守時是十分重要的。你是一個守時的人嗎,Feifei?
I’m always punctual in my working life, but in my personal life…
工作的時候我一直是很守時的,但是在生活中...
OK, I don’t want to know. That’s interesting Feifei because the psychiatrist Dr Keith Ablow, says the three most common causes for lateness are: firstly, worrying about the appointment, secondly, a need to show power or superiority, and the third reason for people being late is that they have a need to know they are loved. So Feifei, which one is you? Sounds like you are a mixture of all of them…
OK,我不想知道。這是很有趣的,Feifei,精神病醫生Keith Ablow認為,遲到三個最常見的原因是:首先,擔心這個約會;第二,需要顯示權威或優勢;第三個人們遲到的原因是他們需要知道他們是被愛的。所 以,Feifei,哪一個符合你?看起來你就是他們幾個的混合體。
No comment - let’s move on.
唔作評論--讓我們繼續。
Let’s hear what some of our friends and colleagues have to say about punctuality.
讓我們來聽聽我們的朋友和同事們關於守時會說些什麼。
I think living in London, you find the most common reason for being late is transport because it’s not very reliable - whenever you are rushing somewhere, you think you are OK with time, but suddenly your train is delayed: if you have to change to another train, you might miss that train and it’s going to make you be even later than you intended to be.
我認為住在倫敦,你會發現遲到的最常見的原因是交通,因為它不是很可靠---不論何時你要奔去某地,你認為時間上趕得及,但是突然火車推後了:如果你要換乘到別的火車,你可能趕不上這樣會讓你比計畫趕到的時間更靠後。
Well that’s very interesting. Generally speaking, if you’re going to be late for something, it’s polite to call and let people know.
嗯這是很有趣的。通常來講,如果你覺得會遲到了,打個電話讓大家知道是有禮貌的。
It is. And here’s a clip of someone doing just that.
是的。這裡有一段剪輯,裡面的人就是這麼做的。
Joe Smith speaking.
我是Joe Smith。
Hi Joe, it’s Sarah. I’m on my way to the meeting but I’m afraid the traffic’s terrible.I’m sorry but I think I’m going to be late.
你好Joe,我是 Sarah。我正在去往開會的路上但是我交通很不給力。很抱歉我想我可能要遲到了。
OK, don’t worry. What time do you think you’ll get there?
好的,別擔心,你覺得你能什麼時候到?
To be honest, it’s hard to say. I’ve been here for 30 minutes and the traffic is at a standstill.I think I’ll be about 15 minutes late.
坦白講,很難說。我在這已經30分鐘了,但是交通依然停滯。我想十五分鐘後到吧。
OK, thanks for letting me know. If you’re going to be any later, call me again.
好的,謝謝讓我知道。如果到時你還不能到再給我打電話。
OK, will do. Sorry again. See you soon.
OK,我會的。再次抱歉。一會兒見。
So, that was Sarah calling to say she’s going to be late and if I’m not mistaken -
這就是Sarah 打電話說她要遲到了,如果我沒弄錯的話--
It’s Business Betty!!
是 Business Betty!!
Hello! I’m not late am I?
你好!我沒遲到吧,是嗎?
Not at all, and I wouldn’t care if you were.
一點都沒,如果你遲到了我也不會介意。
Thank you Neil.
謝謝你Neil。
You’re just in time to tell us how to say you’re going to be late for something.
你來的正好,告訴我們如果要遲到了該怎麼說。
Oh that’s good, I hate being late for things. Right - so to business. Now, in the English speaking world, if you are going to be late for an appointment, you should let people know. There are three things you need to do here. First, apologise. Second, explain why you’re late. And third, say when you think you’ll arrive. So, first: apologise. Here’s what Sarah said:
很好,我很討厭遲到。是的,對於工作也是。現在在說英語的國家,如果你約會要遲到了,你應該讓別人知道。在這兒你需要做三件事。首先,道歉。其次,解釋你為什麼遲到。第三,講清你什麼時候會到。所以,首先:道歉。Sarah 是這麼說的:
I’m sorry but I think I’m going to be late.
很抱歉,我想我要遲到了。
"I’m sorry but I think I’m going to be late" - nice and simple. She apologised again at the end of the conversation.
“很抱歉,我想我要遲到了”-簡潔又漂亮。在談話結束前她再一次道歉。
Sorry again.
再一次抱歉。
Second, explain why you’re late. Sarah said:
其次,解釋你為什麼遲到。Sarah說:
I’m on my way to the meeting but I’m afraid the traffic’s terrible. I’ve been here for 30 minutes and the traffic is at a standstill.
我在去開會的路上,但是交通很不給力。我在這已經有30分鐘了,交通依然停滯。
Let’s hear that again.
讓我們再聽一遍。
I’m on my way to the meeting but I’m afraid the traffic’s terrible. I’ve been here for 30 minutes and the traffic is at a standstill.
我在去開會的路上,但是交通很不給力。我在這已經有30分鐘了,交通依然停滯。
And third, say when you think you’ll arrive.
再次,講清楚你什麼時候會到。
I think I’ll be about 15 minutes late.
我覺得我十五分鐘後能到。
And again:
再說一次:
I think I’ll be about 15 minutes late.
我覺得我十五分鐘後能到。
And then, stop worrying! When you finally get to your meeting, don’t go rushing straight in. Take a couple of minutes first, to calm down and freshen up, so that you appear professional, not panicky.A quick apology when you arrive – "Sorry I’m late everyone" and then it’s down to business. So, I hope that’s helpful…
然後,別擔心 !當你終於到達會議地點時不要直接沖進去。首先花幾分鐘平復下情緒,梳洗一番,這樣你看起來專業而不是恐慌。到的時候做個簡短的道歉-“抱歉了大家,我遲到了”然後開始工作。我希望能有幫助...
Very very helpful!
非常非常有用!
Yes, thanks Betty!
是的,謝謝Betty!
Good, because I have to go now, I’ve got a meeting and I don’t want to be late. Bye!
很好,我要走了,我還有個會,不想遲到。再見了!
Bye
拜~~
She’s very good…
她非常厲害...
Shall we listen to the clip again?
讓我們再聽一遍剪輯吧?
I think we should…
我認為我們應該...
Joe Smith speaking.
我是Joe Smith 。
Hi Joe, it’s Sarah. I’m on my way to the meeting but I’m afraid the traffic’s terrible. I’m sorry but I think I’m going to be late.
你好,Joe,我是 Sarah。我在去往開會的路上,但是交通很不給力。很抱歉,恐怕我要遲到了。
OK, don’t worry. What time do you think you’ll get there?
OK,別擔心。你覺得你什麼時候能到?
To be honest, it’s hard to say. I’ve been here for 30 minutes and the traffic is at a standstill. I think I’ll be about 15 minutes late.
老實說,這很難講。我在這已經30分鐘了,交通一直停滯。我覺得15分鐘能到。
OK, thanks for letting me know. If you’re going to be any later call me again.
OK,謝謝讓我知道。如果到時你還不能到再給我打電話。
OK, will do. Sorry again. See you soon.
ok,我會的。再次抱歉了。一會兒見。
So that’s what to do if you’re running late.
這就是如果遲到,你該怎麼辦。
Yes, so next time Feifei, can you set off a bit earlier? I don’t want to hang around.
好的,下次Feifei,你可以早點出發嗎?我不想閒逛。
Yes set off earlier, you Neil.
是的,你早點出發,Neil。
Well, you don’t want to talk about your personal life, do you?
你不想談談你的私生活嗎?
You were the one that was late for the programme.
你才是這個節目遲到的人。
Yes, but generally speaking, it’s you, isn’t it? Anyway, make sure you join us for the next episode of 6 Minute English.
是的,但是一般來說是你吧,不是嗎?不管怎樣,記得一定要加入我們下一期的BBC6分鐘英語。
And DON’T be late! Bye!
記住“不要遲到哦”!拜~

arrow
arrow
    創作者介紹
    創作者 字神帝國英語天地 的頭像
    字神帝國英語天地

    字神帝國英語天地

    字神帝國英語天地 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()