0114BBC.jpg  

今日主題:Misunderstandings 誤會

童鞋們 快來上英聽課了哦~~

凱妃老師&派老師共同推薦:雅思聽力最好的課外教材:BBC
康康精選雅思會考的主題,堅持每天精聽一定會進步的哦!!

建議方法:
1. 先聽兩三遍 (不看文稿)
2. 再一句一句聽寫 (每句都要聽寫數遍,直到寫出85%以上的字)
3. 最後check文稿,看哪聽不出來,單字沒背過,還是發音不熟。
4. 堅持天天聽,就能每天進步哦。

MP3音檔 (按右鍵可下載聽):喜歡的同學,幫忙推或按讚哦~~
http://static.iyuba.com/sounds/minutes/114.mp3

只有音檔怎夠,聽不懂地方,不用怕,康康幫你準備好中英文稿了:

中英文稿:
Hello and welcome to another episode of 6 Minute English with me Feifei.
大家好,歡迎和Feifei來到新一期的BBC 6分鐘英語。
And me Neil.
我是Neil。
How are you Neil and what are we talking about today?
你好Neil,我們今天來討論什麼呢?
I’m very well, and today we’re talking about misunderstandings. A famous French writer once said that "Language is the source of misunderstandings" and with me in the studio today are colleagues Conrado and Stephani, who have come in to tell us all about a misunderstanding they had recently. Conrado and Stephani, welcome.
我很好,今天我們來聊聊職場中誤會那些事。有一位著名的法國作家曾經這樣說“語言是誤會的來源。”今天和我一起待在工作室還有我的同事Conrado 和 Stephani,他們將和我們一起分享最近遇到的誤解的事。Conrado 和 Stephani,歡迎你們。
Thank you.
謝謝。
Thank you.
謝謝。
So, tell us about your story.
那給我們講一下故事吧。
Well, we work in the same company, but in different offices. And one day I was speaking to Stephani on the phone, and I asked her a question, and she didn’t know the answer, so she said "hang on".
好的,雖然我們在同一間公司,但是我們在不同的辦公室。有一天我打電話給Stephani,向她問個問題,由於她不知道答案,所以她說“hang on”(稍等)
‘Hang on’ means wait. I wanted him to wait while I found the answer.
‘Hang on’的意思是等一下。我想讓他等等,我找到答案。
But I got confused, I thought ‘hang on’ was the same as ‘hang up’, and ‘hang up’ means ‘put the phone down, finish the phone call’
但是我很困惑,我以為‘Hang on’(稍等)和‘hang up’(掛斷)是一個意思,而‘hang up’的意思是“放下電話結束通話”
So when I came back with the answer, he was gone!So I called him back and told him the answer, then he asked another question, so I said ‘hang on’ again, and again he was gone! Three times I had to call him back!
所以當我找到答案的時候,他已經不在了!所以我打回去告訴他答案,然後他又問了個問題,所以我又說‘hang on’(稍等),但是他又不見了!我給他打回去了三次!
I didn’t understand why she was getting angry with me.She got really angry actually, before we sorted it out.
我沒明白為什麼她生我的氣。她在我們整理出來之前這麼的非常非常生氣。
Hang up, hang on… That’s a really good one!
Hang up(掛斷),hang on(稍等........),這真是一個好例子!
If only you’d had Business Betty there to help…
要是Business Betty 在這提供幫助就好了....
Ah Business Betty. (The door opens) Ooh here she is now.
Business Betty. (門打開了)Ooh,她來了哦。
It’s Business Betty!
是Business Betty !
Hello!
你好!
Hello Betty and may I say you’re looking absolutely fantastic as ever.
你好Betty,我可以說你和以前一樣看上去棒極了。
Thank you Neil and how can I help you?
謝謝你Neil,我怎麼幫到你呢?
We need some tips on avoiding misunderstandings.
我們需要一些在工作中避免出現誤會的小貼士。
Certainly. If language is the source of misunderstandings, the best way to avoid misunderstandings at work is to check what people mean when they’re talking to you.There are several ways to do this. You can simply say "What do you mean by that?"
沒問題。如果語言是誤會的源泉,工作中避免誤會的最好方法就是當人們和你說話的時候就是思考一下他們話的意思。有好幾種表達方法。你可以簡單的說“你那麼說是什麼意思?”
What do you mean by that?
你那麼說是什麼意思?
That’s right. Or you can tell the person what you think they mean, in your own words. Say "Do you mean…?"
對了。或者你可以用你自己的話告訴他們你認為的他們說這話的意思。說“你的意思是...?”
Do you mean…?
你的意思是...?
Or "So, are you saying…?"
或者“所以,你說的是....?”
So, are you saying…?
所以,你說的是....?
Or "Correct me if I’m wrong, but do you mean…?"
再或者“如果我說錯了,請糾正,但你的意思是...?”
Correct me if I’m wrong, but do you mean…?
如果我說錯了,請糾正,但你的意思是...?
Good Neil. You can say "Sorry, I’m not sure if I got that. Are you saying…?"
很好Neil。你可以說“不好意思,我不知道我理解的對不對。你說的是....?”
Sorry, I’m not sure if I got that. Are you saying…?
不好意思,我不知道我理解的對不對。你說的是....?
Or you can ask the other person to explain what they mean.Say something like "Sorry, what exactly do you mean by that?"
或者你可以問其他人來解釋下話的意思。可以說向“抱歉,你那麼說的真實意思是什麼?”
Sorry, what exactly do you mean by that?
抱歉,你那麼說的真實意思是什麼?
Or say "Sorry, could you go over that again?"
或者說“不好意思,你能再說一遍嗎?”
Sorry, could you go over that again?
不好意思,你能再說一遍嗎?
"Could you expand on that?"
“你能解釋一下嗎?”
Could you expand on that?
你能解釋一下嗎?
And finally, another way to avoid misunderstandings is to check that the person you’re talking to has understood you.Just ask them! Say something like "Is that clear?"
最後,另一個避免出現誤會的方法是再確認下你說話的物件已經明白你說的話。直接問他們!比如像“這樣清楚了嗎?”之類的話
Is that clear?
這樣清楚了嗎?
Or, after an explanation, say "Does that make everything clear?"
或者,解釋完後,說“那樣都清楚了嗎?”
Does that make everything clear?
那樣都清楚了嗎?
And never forget the golden rule of avoiding misunderstandings – if in doubt, ask! It’s better to ask now than make a mistake later.
絕對不要忘記避免誤會的黃金法則——如果有疑問,說出來!比起後面一熬犯的錯誤當時問會好一些。
Thanks Betty.
謝謝Betty。
You’re welcome. Bye!
不客氣。拜~!
Bye!
拜~!
She’s so good… don’t you think so, Conrado and Stephani? Don’t you think she’s brilliant - Business Betty?
她太好了...你們覺得呢,Conrado 和 Stephani?你們難道不認為她- Business Betty很聰明嗎?
Oh yes!
oh是的!
Well that’s very good because we’re about to put it to the test!
這是很好的因為我們打算把這個放到測試裡!
Yes Conrado and Stephani. Let’s imagine that you’re back there now in your offices you’re having this conversation that got you into so much trouble. But this time use some of Betty’s tips and see if you can get it right.
是的。Conrado and Stephani,讓我們想像一下你現在又回去你辦公室了,你又要開始讓你陷入很多麻煩的對話裡。但是這次你用一些Betty給的貼士,看看你能否正確對待。
Does that make sense? Have another go at the hang on / hang up conversation, but this time do what Betty suggested. OK? Are you ready?
那樣有用嗎?再來一次稍等-掛斷的對話,但這次按Betty建議的去做。OK?準備好了嗎?
Yes, we are ready.
是的,我們準備好了。
Ring ring!
叮鈴鈴,叮鈴鈴~
Hello, Stephani speaking.
你好,我是Stephani。
Hello Stephani, it’s Conrado. I just wanted to ask if the reports are ready.
你好Stephani,我是 Conrado。我想知道報告是否都準備好了。
The reports… do you mean the monthly reports or the yearly reports?
報告...你的意思是月報告還是年報告?
Oh sorry, yes, the monthly reports.
Oh,不好意思,是月報告。
The monthly reports. OK, just hang on.
月報告。好的,請稍等。
Sorry, I’m not sure if I got that. Are you saying "Wait a minute"?
不好意思,我不確定我明白你的話了。你的意思是說“等一會嗎?”
Yes, just hang on a couple of minutes please.
是的,不要掛機,請等幾分鐘。
OK.
好的。
Hello Conrado, sorry to keep you waiting. The monthly reports are nearly ready - the accountant is finishing them this afternoon.
你好,Conrado,抱歉讓你久等了。月報告幾乎快完成了--會計今天下午會完成。
Correct me if I’m wrong, but do you mean they’ll be ready by the end of today?
如果我說錯了請指正,你的意思是說今天下班前月報告會準備好了嗎?
Yes, they’ll be ready by 5 o’clock today. Does that make everything clear?
是的,下午5點前會完成。你都清楚了嗎?
Oh yes, thanks, that’s great. Thank you very much!
是的,謝謝,非常好。非常感謝!
You’re welcome.
不客氣。
And that’s the end of today’s role-play!
這就是今天角色扮演的結尾了!
How was it for you two?
你們倆覺得怎麼樣?
It was great, much much better.
太棒了,好太多太多了。
Yes, I wish we’d done it that way in the first place.
是的,我希望我們能夠將它放在了第一位置。
That’s good and that’s it.
很好,就這些了。
Are you saying that we’ve reached the end of today’s programme?
你說的意思是我們已經到今天節目的尾聲了?
Yes we have, so thanks for helping us out today Conrado and Stephani. It’s goodbye from all of us. Join us again for another 6 Minute English!
是的,也謝謝今天幫助我們的Conrado and Stephani。大家再見啦。請再一次加入我們的BBC 6分鐘英語!
Bye!
拜~

arrow
arrow
    創作者介紹
    創作者 字神帝國英語天地 的頭像
    字神帝國英語天地

    字神帝國英語天地

    字神帝國英語天地 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()