close

0123BBC.jpg  

今日主題:Business English: Describing sales 銷售那些事

童鞋們 快來上英聽課了哦~~

凱妃老師&派老師共同推薦:雅思聽力最好的課外教材:BBC
康康精選雅思會考的主題,堅持每天精聽一定會進步的哦!!

建議方法:
1. 先聽兩三遍 (不看文稿)
2. 再一句一句聽寫 (每句都要聽寫數遍,直到寫出85%以上的字)
3. 最後check文稿,看哪聽不出來,單字沒背過,還是發音不熟。
4. 堅持天天聽,就能每天進步哦。

MP3音檔 (按右鍵可下載聽):喜歡的同學,幫忙推或按讚哦~~
http://static.iyuba.com/sounds/minutes/106.mp3

只有音檔怎夠,聽不懂地方,不用怕,康康幫你準備好中英文稿了:

中英文稿:
Welcome to 6 Minute English! I'm Feifei,
歡迎來到BBC6分鍾英語!我是Feifei,
And I'm Neil.
我是Neil。
And in today's programme we're talking about – err, actually, what are we talking about today Neil?
在今天的節目裡我們要討論--呃,其實,我們今天要討論什麼呢,Neil?
Well, I've made a big decision today Feifei. Everybody has a mobile phone and I'm not like everybody, I am an individual, so I've decided to get rid of my phone.
嗯,今天我做了一個重大的決定Feifei。每人人手一台手機,我不想和大家一樣,我是個個人,因此我決定不再使用手機。
But everyone in this country has got a phone.
但是我們國家每個人都有一部手機。
That's just the point. I've got this report from Ofcom, the UK telecoms regulator that says that 92% of UK adults now own a mobile phone.
這就是重點。我從Ofcom公司--英國電信監管機構得到的一份報告說在英國92%的成人有一部移動電話。
Apart from you.
除了你。
Apart from me.
除了我。
Oh, but that's just you being special. Anyway, more and more people are now actually buying mobile phones, not just in the UK but across the world.
哦,但你這僅是特殊的。不管怎麼說,不僅在英國,而且在全世界現在越來越多的人買手機。
That's true, and manufacturers are always designing better handsets so that they can sell more and more, and increase their profits.
是的,製造商總是設計出更好的手機,這樣他們就能賣的更多,增加他們的利潤。
Yes, like new smartphones that allow you to search the internet and make phone calls, but companies have to keep up with the latest technology to survive.
是的,像新智能手機,你可以用它上網,打電話,但生產公司一定要跟上最新的技術才能生存。
True, otherwise you might hear this kind of report in the news.
對的,不然你可能會聽到這樣的新聞。
It's been a bad year for the company, although it started well with an unexpected rise in sales of their new phone. In fact sales rose in the first quarter and peaked in March, with over 10,000 being sold. But following the launch of a rival's new smartphone, sales declined steadily. It decided to cut its prices in June which caused a boost in sales, but they then fluctuated and finally levelled off in September. Since then, it's selling only around 1,000 handsets a month.
對公司來說這是糟糕的一年,儘管在開始的時候新款手機的銷售量出乎意料的好。其實在第一季度銷售是增長的,三 月份達到高峰,銷售量超過10,000。但隨著之後競爭對手新的智能手機的推出,銷售額逐步下降。六月份公司決定降低價格來刺激銷售量,但銷售量卻一直波 動直到9月份才穩定下來。從那時起每月大概只能賣出1000台。
So an interesting year for this phone company. Did you get all that?
對這個手機公司來講是有趣的一年。你都得到了嗎?
Well, I was trying to follow what happened. There was a lot of going up and down.
呃,我一直在註意發生了什麼。一直起起伏伏。
Oh, hang on. What's that? Hang on a minute, it's the phone.
Oh,等一下。怎麼了?等會,是手機響。
What?!
什麼?!
Hello, yes, yes. Of course, Betty.
你好,是的是的。當然了,Betty。
Is that Business Betty?
是Business Betty嗎?
Yes. She's stuck outside and she wants me to let her in. Come on in!
是的。她被鎖在外頭了,想讓我給她開門。進來吧!
But before we carry on, I thought you just said you don't have a phone?
但在我們開始之前,你不是說你沒手機嗎?
I don't have one, it's just for emergencies.
我自己還沒有,它只是用於緊急情況。
But that's still a phone.
但那依然是個手機啊。
But you need one for emergencies.
你需要一部電話用於緊急情況。
Hello Business Betty!! You're just in time!
你好, Business Betty!你來的正是時候!
Just in time, good good! Now, what can I help you with today?
真是時候,很好很好!今天能幫到什麼呢?
Can you go over some useful language for describing sales in business?
你能給我們一些用於描述商務銷售的詞語嗎?
I'd be delighted. So, to start with, when you're talking about sales, you need to give a general overview. You could say 'The situation is good'.
很樂意。當說到銷售,在開始時,你需要給一段銷售的概述。你可以說“狀況很好”。
The situation is good.
狀況很好。
And then to explain the situation, you can say 'We can see from the sales figures that…'
然後解釋這個狀況,你可以說“我們從銷售數字可以看到...”
We can see from the sales figures that…
我們從銷售數字可以看到...
Or, 'As the graph shows…'
或者“如圖所示...”
As the graph shows…
如圖所示...
Next you need some key vocabulary to describe sales figures.There are lots of words you can use to say that sales have gone up. We can say 'increased'.
接下來你需要一些關鍵詞彙來描述銷售數字。有非常多的此你可以用來說銷售量的增長。我們可以說“增加”。
Increased: Sales increased in January.
增加:一月份的銷售量增加了。
Rise.
上升。
Rise: There was a large rise in sales in February.
上升:銷售量在二月份有了一個很大的上升。
Or the past of rise: rose.
或者是Rise的過去式:rose。
Rose: Sales rose last year.
上升(rise的過去式):去年銷售量增加了。
If things changed a lot and went up and down, you can say 'They fluctuated'.
如果數字變化很多,並且起起伏伏,你可以說“他們波動”。
Fluctuated: Sales fluctuated for two months.
波動:銷售量波動了兩個月。
And when sales reach their highest point, you can say 'They have peaked'.
當銷售量達到最高點,你可以說“他們已達到高峰。”
Peaked: Sales peaked in December.
高峰:銷售量在十二月達到高峰。
That's right. And when sales remain steady and don't change 'They are level' or 'have levelled'.
對了。當銷售量很穩定變化不大“銷售量很平穩”或者“已達到平穩”。
Level or levelled: Sales finally levelled in September.
平穩或已達到平穩:銷售量最終在9月份達到平穩。
Thanks Betty, all very useful. But what happens when a company's sales are very bad?
謝謝你Betty。很有用。但是當一個公司銷售量不好時該怎麼辦呢?
Then you might say that 'Sales have declined' or 'dropped'.
你可以這樣說:“銷售量已經下降”或“降低”。
Sales have declined or sales have dropped. Now that's not good news, but you've been brilliant. Thanks Betty.
銷售量已經下降或銷售量已經降低。這可不是好消息,但是你一直很聰明。謝謝Betty。
You're welcome. Bye bye for now.
不客氣。那再見了。
Bye.
拜~
I think things are a lot clearer now.
我認為事情現在已經很清楚了。
Yes, crystal clear! So do you know what that means?
是的,晶瑩剔透!那麼你知不知道這意味著嗎?
Time for me to be the boss in the role-play!
輪到我在角色扮演中當一把老闆了!
I'll be the boss.
我要當老闆。
Again!
又一次!
Yes again, and you need to come to me and tell me about our sales figures – they better be good.
是的,又一次,而且你要來找我並告訴我關於銷售量的事--最好銷售量很好。
Come in.
請進。
Hello Feifei, I've got those sales figures you asked for.
你好,Feifei,我已經把你要的銷售數據帶來了。
Great. Please give me the details.
太好了。你給我講講細節吧。
This graph shows the monthly sales of mobile phones for last year. We can see that sales of mobile phones declined steadily in January, but then increased in February.
這個圖表明在上一年我們每個月手機的銷售量。我們可以看到手機的銷售量在一月份一直下降,然後在二月份增加了。
So they're on the rise?
所以是在上升?
Yes, but they fluctuated considerably in July and August, reaching a peak of 6,200 per month in September.
是的,但是在7、8月份波動很大,到9月份達到高峰,銷量達6,200部。
So that was our biggest month for sales?
所以那是我們賣出去最多的一個月?
Actually no. Sales levelled off in October through to November. But by December there was a large rise, as you can see on this graph.
實際上不是的。銷量在10月到11月趨於平穩。但是到12月有了一個很大的增長,你可以在這個圖中看到。
A large rise, excellent. Bonuses all round!
是增長很多,非常棒。都有獎金!
Were you happy with the sales figures Feifei?
Feifei,你看到這些銷售數字高興嗎?
Of course, a large rise in sales at the end of the year is brilliant!
當然,在年底銷售有一個大的增長是多麼輝煌!
So about the bonus you mentioned? When would I get that?
你提到的獎金呢?我什麼時候能拿到?
Neil, it was just a role-play.
Neil,那僅僅是個角色互換的表演。
No, but you said I'd get a bonus, so…
不會吧,你剛剛說我有獎金,所以...
That's all we have time for today. Say goodbye…
這就是我們今天所有的節目。再見了...
Bye!
再見!

arrow
arrow
    創作者介紹
    創作者 字神帝國英語天地 的頭像
    字神帝國英語天地

    字神帝國英語天地

    字神帝國英語天地 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()