close

0120BBC  

童鞋們快來上英聽課了哦~~ 今日主題:Pay rise 加薪

凱妃老師&派老師共同推薦:雅思聽力最好的課外教材:BBC
康康精選雅思會考的主題,堅持每天精聽一定會進步的哦!!

 建議方法:
1. 先聽兩三遍 (不看文稿)
2. 再一句一句聽寫 (每句都要聽寫數遍,直到寫出85%以上的字)
3. 最後check文稿,看哪聽不出來,單字沒背過,還是發音不熟。
4. 堅持天天聽,就能每天進步哦。

MP3音檔 (按右鍵可下載聽):喜歡的同學,幫忙推或按讚哦~~
http://static.iyuba.com/sounds/minutes/103.mp3

只有音檔怎夠,聽不懂地方,不用怕,康康幫你準備好中英文稿了:

中英文稿:
Welcome to another episode of 6 Minute English with me Feifei.
歡迎和我一起來到新一期BBC 6分鐘英語,我是Feifei。
And me Neil.
還有我Neil。
We’re talking about pay and what people earn today and Neil have you brought a salary fact to get us started?
我們將討論薪酬和目前人們掙多少錢的話題。Neil,一開始,你有給大家帶來薪酬結果嗎?
I have! The United Nations International Labour Organisation or the ILO has been looking at earnings around the world, and they’ve worked out the average person’s monthly salary.So, how much do you think it is?
帶來了!聯合國國際勞工組織(The United Nations International Labour Organisation )或簡稱ILO組織一隻在世界各地調查人們的收入,並且已經計算出人們人均月工資。你認為應該是多少?
How much does the average person earn? What, in dollars?
人均月收入?是按美元算嗎?
Yep, US dollars. Per month.
Yep,美元。每個月。
Hmm… I’d say, hmmm, about $5,000 a month.
Hmm…我說是大約一個月 $5,000。
$5,000 a month, are you sure?
一個月 $5,000,你確定?
Yes, am I right?
是的,我說對了嗎?
Well, Feifei you’re absolutely wrong, I’m pleased to say. According to the ILO, the average worker earns $1,480 a month.
好吧,Feifei,很高興的告訴你,你完全錯誤。根據ILO提供的資料,每個人人均月收入 $1,480。
Wow, I was a bit generous there…
wow,我有點慷慨了...
Yes, very out of character!
是的,很離譜!
Hmmm, that is a lot less than I was expecting… there’ll be a lot of people asking for pay rises then?
Hmm,這離我預期的差太遠了...那很多人都會要求加薪了?
I suppose there will be! Are you going to be one of them?
我想是的!你想成為其中的一份子嗎?
You know me Neil…
你知道的,Neil...
Yes I do. Do you feel a role-play coming on?
是的,我知道。接下來你想進行角色扮演嗎?
Do you know what - I think I do!
你知不知道 — -我想做!
Can I be the boss?
我能演老闆嗎?
No, I think it’s actually my turn to be the boss.
不行,我覺得這次真的輪到我演老闆了。
Every time, every time… so, you are the boss?
每次都是,每次都是...所以你當老闆?
I am the boss! I don’t remember being the boss.Anyway let’s get on with the role-play: I’m the boss and you’re asking me for a pay rise. Ready?
我是老闆!我不記得以前演過老闆。不管怎樣,讓我們進入角色:我是老闆,你問我加薪。準備好了嗎?
Ready!
準備好了!
Hi, are you free for a quick chat?
Hi,有時間聊聊嗎?
Sure, What can I do for you?
當然有,有什麼事嗎?
OK. Well, it’s a bit difficult, but I think I should have a pay rise.
Ok。額,雖然這有點困難,但是我覺得應該給我加薪。
OK and why do you feel like that?
你為什麼會這樣認為呢?
Well, I’ve taken on a lot more responsibility recently and I really believe that I’ve grown in the job. My last project was very successful and I just think I should be rewarded.
最近我在工作上傾注了更多的責任,而且我真的認為我在這份工作中成長了。我上一個項目非常的成功,我只是覺得我應該得到獎勵。
OK, well, what kind of rise are you thinking of?
好的,那你想漲多少呢?
Well, I think that 5% isn’t too much to ask.
我覺得5%的要求並不多。
5%... Hmm… Well, let me think about it and get back to you.
5%...Hmm,好的,讓我想想再回復你。
OK, thank you.
好的,謝謝你。
Ooooh, you’re very persuasive Neil!
Ooooh,Neil你很有說服力!
Haha! It’s all in the technique.
哈哈!這是我看家本領了。
Let’s ask Business Betty to tell us more.Are you there Betty?
讓Business Betty告訴我們更多。你準備好了嗎,Betty?
It’s Business Betty!
是Business Betty!
Ah Betty, wonderful to see you. Looking fantastic as ever, you’ve been on holiday?
Betty,見到你真好。精彩如往,你一直在度假嗎?
Thank you Neil. Yeah, lovely, Costa Brava, very nice.
謝謝Neil,是的, Costa Brava,非常可愛非常好的一個地方。
With a destination like that, I am sure you earn a lot more than $1,480 a month, don’t you?
能去像那一樣的地方,我肯定你一個月掙的比$1,480多多了,是嗎?
Neil, Neil, Neil, you should really know that in British culture, it’s terribly impolite to ask people how much they earn.
Neil, Neil, Neil,你應該瞭解英國的風俗習慣,問人們一個月掙多少錢是非常不禮貌的。
Sorry Betty, yes, you’re quite right. I shouldn’t ask you that. But can I ask you to tell us how to ask for a pay rise?
很抱歉Betty,你非常對。我不應該問你的。但是我可以問你怎麼加薪吧?
You most certainly can Neil. There are a few things to remember when you’re asking for a pay rise. First, make sure it’s a good time to ask.
太可以了,Neil。當你要求加薪的時候應該記得這幾點。首先,得確保這是一個(加薪的)好時機。
Hi, are you free for a quick chat?
Hi,有時間聊聊嗎?
Next, use verbs like ‘think’, ‘feel’ and ‘believe’. And use adverbs like ‘really’ for added emphasis.
其次,取用像“think”, “feel”和“believe” 這一類的動詞。使用“really”這樣的副詞作為強調。
I think I should have a pay rise. I really believe that I’ve grown in the job.
我認為我應該加薪。我真的覺得我在工作中已經成長了。
Give reasons why you should get a pay rise:
給我讓你加薪的理由:
I’ve taken on a lot more responsibility lately.My last project was very successful.
最近我在工作有更多的責任心。我上個專案非常成功。
Be clear about what you want:
一定要清楚你想要什麼:
Well, I think that 5% isn’t too much to ask.
我認為5%的加薪要求並不多。
And always, always be polite.
並始終要有禮貌。
OK, thank you, please. Thank you, please, please.
好的,謝謝你,請。謝謝你,請,請。
So to sum up: if you’re asking for a pay rise, make sure it’s a good time, use phrases like ‘I really think’, give your reasons, say what you want and be polite! Anything else I can do for you?
總結一下:如果你想加薪,首先確保時機要對,使用“I really think”這樣的短語,給出你的理由,說出你想要什麼,並且要有禮貌!還有什麼需要我的嗎?
No Betty. You’ve done more than enough already, thanks Betty.
沒了Betty。你做的已經夠多的了,謝謝你,Betty。
Then I’ll be on my way. Goodbye!
那我走了。拜!
Bye!
拜!
Full of good advice our Betty!
我們的Betty總是很有建議!
Let’s do the role-play again shall we?
讓我們再進行一次角色扮演吧,好嗎?
Shall we?
可以嗎?
Hi, are you free for a quick chat?
Hi,你有時間聊聊嗎?
Sure, What can I do for you?
當然,有什麼事?
OK. Well, it’s a bit difficult, but I think I should have a pay rise.
Ok。額,雖然這有點困難,但是我覺得應該給我加薪。
OK and why do you feel like that?
你為什麼這樣認為呢?
Well, I’ve taken on a lot more responsibility recently and I really believe that I’ve grown in the job.My last project was very successful and I just think that should be rewarded.
最近我在工作上傾注了更多的責任,而且我真的認為我在這份工作中成長了。我上一個項目非常的成功,我只是覺得我應該得到獎勵。
OK, well, what kind of rise are you thinking of?
好的,那你想加多少?
Well, I think that 5% isn’t too much to ask.
我認為加5%不多。
5%... Hmm… Well I’ll think about it and get back to you.
5%...Hmm...讓我想想再給你答覆。
OK, thank you.
好的,謝謝。
Only 5%, that’s not much to ask, is it?Maybe I should have gone for 10%?
才5%,要求的並不多,是吧?或許我應該要10%?
Neil, we’ve finished the role-play.
Neil,我們已經結束角色扮演了。
15%? Final offer.
15%?最後的答覆。
It’s done. No, I can’t give you a pay rise Neil, I am not your boss really. I’ll buy you a drink after work instead. Is that OK?
結束了。Neil,我不能給你加薪,我真的不是你的老闆。下班我請你喝東西,行嗎?
Champagne?
香檳嗎?
No, a drink -- a pint of beer. Right, I think that brings us to the end of today’s programme. Neil?
不,是喝一杯--啤酒。好了,我認為到了結束今天節目的時候了。是吧,Neil?
Yes that’s all. Good luck to you at home if you’re asking for a pay rise anytime soon and join us again for more 6 Minute English.
是的,這就是我們全部的內容了。祝你好運,如果你在家要求很快加薪,繼續加入我們的BBC6分鐘英語。
Bye!
( kiki 表情符號 )/~~拜拜!

arrow
arrow

    字神帝國英語天地 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()