close

14224741_640691999439477_33916470509153380_n  

 

今日主題:To turn something upside down / 搞得一團糟

凱妃老師&派老師共同推薦:雅思聽力最好的課外教材BBC
康康精選雅思會考的主題,堅持每天精聽一定會進步的哦!!

建議方法:
1.
先聽兩三遍 (不看文稿)
2.
再一句一句聽寫 (每句都要聽寫數遍,直到寫出85%以上的字)
3.
最後check文稿,看哪聽不出來,單字沒背過,還是發音不熟。
4.
堅持天天聽,就能每天進步哦。
#BBC 
地道英語 

MP3
音檔 (按右鍵可下載聽):喜歡的同學,幫忙推或按讚哦~~
http://static.iyuba.com/sounds/minutes/590.mp3

只有音檔怎夠,聽不懂地方,不用怕,康康幫你準備好中英文稿了:

中英文稿:
Hello, welcome to another edition of The English We Speak. I’m Neil.
大家好,歡迎收聽新版的地道英語。我是尼爾。


Hi, everyone. I’m Helen.
嗨,大家好。我是海倫。


Helen, what are you doing? Are you looking for something?
海倫,你在幹嘛呢?你在找什麼東西嗎?


Yes, I am. I’m looking for my earring; it’s a present from my mum.
是的,我在找東西。我在找我的耳環;那是我媽媽送給我的禮物。


Oh. When did you last see it?
噢。你最後一次見到它是什麼時候?


A minute ago. I looked in the mirror before I came in to the studio. I’m sure I was wearing it.
一分鐘以前。我進演播室之前照鏡子的時候。我確定那時候我還帶著它。


Em, I’ll help you look under the table for it. But I don’t think you’ll find it by turning the place upside down. Be calm. Let’s leave the chairs on the floor.
嗯,我來幫你在桌子底下找找。但我不覺得你把這裡完全顛倒過來就能找到耳環。冷靜一點。讓我們把椅子都在地板上放好。


I’m not turning the chairs upside down, they are too heavy. I just want to check underneath them.
我沒有把椅子倒置過來,這些椅子太重了。我只是想看看椅子底下有沒有耳環。


When I say ‘turn the place upside down’, what I mean is you are making the studio very messy.
我說把這個地方顛倒過來,意思是你把演播室弄得亂七八糟的。


I am sorry. Ugh, I found it. It’s under the desk.
對不起。啊,我找到了。耳環在桌子底下。


Phew, what a relief. I don’t think we’d be allowed back in the studio if we literally turned the studio upside down.
啊,真是松了一口氣。如果我們按字面意思,把演播室顛倒過來的話,我想我們就會被禁止進入演播室了。


So to ‘turn something upside down’ means to make the place really messy because you’re trying to search thoroughly for something. Here are some examples.
所以把某樣東西顛倒過來意思是說你把這個地方弄得特別亂,因為你在徹底地找某樣東西。這兒有幾個例子。


I turned my house upside down and I still couldn’t find my car keys.
我把我家搞得一團糟,卻還是找不到我的車鑰匙。


I don’t care if you have to turn the place upside down. You’ve got to find my wedding ring.
我不在乎你是不是會把這裡搞得一團糟。你必須找到我的婚戒。


Well, let’s tidy up before the studio managers come back and turn our lives upside down.
嗯,在演播室經理過來,並且完全顛覆我們的生活之前,讓我們把這裡收拾好吧。


Let’s do that!
讓我們來收拾吧!

arrow
arrow

    字神帝國英語天地 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()