close

0125BBC.jpg  

今日主題:Asking permission and polite requests 請求許可和禮貌請求

童鞋們快來上英聽課了哦~~

凱妃老師&派老師共同推薦:雅思聽力最好的課外教材:BBC
康康精選雅思會考的主題,堅持每天精聽一定會進步的哦!!

建議方法:
1. 先聽兩三遍 (不看文稿)
2. 再一句一句聽寫 (每句都要聽寫數遍,直到寫出85%以上的字)
3. 最後check文稿,看哪聽不出來,單字沒背過,還是發音不熟。
4. 堅持天天聽,就能每天進步哦。

MP3音檔 (按右鍵可下載聽):喜歡的同學,幫忙推或按讚哦~~
http://static.iyuba.com/sounds/minutes/96.mp3

只有音檔怎夠,聽不懂地方,不用怕,康康幫你準備好中英文稿了:

中英文稿:
Hello and welcome to another episode of 6 Minute English with me Feifei.
大家好,歡迎收聽本期的六分鍾英語,我是菲菲。
And me Neil.
我是尼爾。
And how are you today Neil?
尼爾,你今天過的怎樣?
It's all good today thank you! I've got a really good question for you today…
今天過的很好,謝謝你!我今天有一個很好的問題要提問你。
Oh a question – ask away!
一個問題啊,隨便問!
Which do you prefer Feifei: Open-plan offices or small private offices?
菲菲,你更喜歡什麼樣的辦公室呢:開放式,還是私人的?
Open-plan offices or small private offices? Oh, I much prefer open-plan offices – much friendlier.
開放式辦公室還是私人辦公室?我可能更喜歡開放式辦公室,更為和睦。
Yes of course because you're a very friendly person... let's hear from some of our friends and colleagues to find out what kind of office they prefer…
是的因為你是和很友好的人。讓我們聽聽我們的一些朋友同事的說法看看他們更喜歡哪種。
In my opinion as a Brazilian, open-plan offices can be very good and effective because it's easy for people to communicate and put ideas across; but at times we need some quiet space to concentrate and get the job done.
作為一個巴西人我的看法是,開放式辦公室很好而且有效,因為它很容易讓人們溝通,把思想表達清楚,但有時我們也需要一些安靜的空間去集中精力或完成工作。
In China, people would love to have their own private offices because we are very noisy and people arguing quite a lot sometimes, there is a lot of noise. So to have your own private space would be great, but unfortunately nowadays what we get is open-plan offices.
在中國,人們更希望有自己的私人辦公室,因為我們很吵鬧,人們經常爭辯,會有很多的噪音。所以有私人空間是很棒的,但不幸的是我們現在都用開放式辦公室。
In Indonesia, there are more open-plan offices these days, the good thing is that we can improve collaborations with other teams or departments.
在印度尼西亞,現在更多的是開放式辦公室,優點是我們可以改善與其他團隊或部門的協作。
However, we sometimes face problems, for instance, as it's really hot in Indonesia lots of people prefer to have air conditioning be set really cold whereas there are also people who can't really stand cold air like me. So this can create a tension among staff.
然而,我們有時會面臨一些問題,例如,因為印尼天氣很熱,很多人喜歡把空調開的很冷,而像我這樣的一些人真的不能忍受那麼冷。所以這會在員工之間產生摩擦。
Air conditioning! It drives me crazy! Actually it isn't the air conditioning that drives me crazy Neil, it's you: I keep asking you to turn it down and 2 minutes later you turn it back up again!
空調!它把我逼瘋了!實際上並不是因為空調,而是因為你,尼爾,我一直叫你關掉它,但兩分鐘後你又開啟了!
Feifei you always turn it too low. And you drive me crazy because you never ask me if you can turn it down. You just do it without saying anything. It really annoys me. It's so rude!!
菲菲,你總是開的太低了,你也讓我抓狂,因為你從來不問我你是否可以關掉它。你一聲不響的做,你這可真讓我受不了。這是非常不禮貌的!!
Rude? Do you think so? I think this is a case for Business Betty…
粗魯?你這樣認為嗎?我認為我們應該找商業貝蒂。
It's Business Betty!!!
這是商業貝蒂!
Hello! Is everything alright?
你好!一切都還好嗎?
We need your help Betty. Neil and I keep arguing about the A/C. He says I'm rude!
我們需要你貝蒂。尼爾和我正在爭論空調的問題,他認為我很粗魯!
A/C meaning air conditioning. She is rude!
A/C是指空調。她是很粗魯!
Calm down both of you and let me help. If you're working in an open-plan office, it's really important to consider the needs and feelings of the people working around you.
你們兩個都冷靜下來,讓我幫助你們。如果你在開放式辦公室里工作,就一定要考慮你周圍工作人們的需求和情感。
If you want to ask someone to do something, it's always a good idea to use a very polite request. Start with the phrase 'Would you mind…' and follow it with an -ing verb. Can you give us an example Feifei?
如果你想讓某人做某事,用一種禮貌的方式請求是很好的。用短語“你介意……”開始,後面跟一個-ing形式的動詞。你能給我一個例子嗎,菲菲?
Would you mind turning off the air conditioning?
你介意我關掉空調嗎?
Very good. Neil?
很好。尼爾?
Would you mind opening a window?
你介意開一下窗子嗎?
Lovely. If you want someone to stop doing something, use the word 'not' before the -ing verb. Neil?
很好。如果你希望某人停止做某事,在-ing動詞前使用單詞“not”。尼爾?
Would you mind not smoking in the kitchen please?
你介意不在廚房吸煙嗎?
Excellent. Feifei?
好極了。菲菲?
Would you mind not using my computer?
你介意不用我的電腦嗎?
If you want your co-workers' permission to do something, say 'Is it ok if I…' and then say what you want to do. Examples please?
如果你想獲得你同事做某事的許可,說“如果我……可以嗎”然後告訴他你想做的。舉個例子?
Is it ok if I turn the air conditioning on?
我可以打開空調嗎?
Is it ok if I use your phone?
我可以用你的電話嗎?
If someone asks your permission, you can say yes. Neil, how would you do that?
如果有人想獲得你的許可,你可以說好的。尼爾,你會怎麼做呢?
Sure, no problem, go ahead. Very good. Of course, you might decide to say no, Feifei:
當然,沒問題,去吧。很好。當然,你也可以決定說不,菲菲。
I'd rather you didn't, if you don't mind.
我希望你不要,如果你不介意的話。
And remember, the English words please, thank you and sorry always make a big difference! Both together now:
而且要記住英文單詞“請、謝謝、對不起”,這會產生很大的區別!現在大家一起:
Please, thank you, sorry.
請、謝謝、對不起。
Very polite. Well done. Now: Is it ok if I leave?
非常有禮貌。做得好。現在:我可以離開嗎?
Yes of course, go ahead.
當然,去吧。
Thanks Betty!
謝謝貝蒂!
Goodbye.
再見。
There she goes. Radiant as ever! Do you think she was a bit angry with us?
她離開了。她是一如既往的迷人!你認為她生我們的氣了麼?
Noooo…. So Neil. Do you think it's about time we did a role-play?
不。尼爾,你認為我們現在應該再來一次角色扮演嗎?
Only if I'm the boss! Sorry, there's no boss this week. What do you mean there's no boss? There's always a boss…
那我得當老闆!對不起,這週沒有老闆。你說沒有老闆是什麼意思?總有一個老闆的。
We're co-workers in an open-plan office. You want to open the windows and use my computer and -
我們是同一開放式辦公室中的同事。你想開窗戶並且用我的電腦,和——
- and things like that. So I have to make some polite requests, right?
——和類似的一些事情。所以我需要禮貌的做出請求,是嗎?
That's right! Ready?
是的!準備好了嗎?
Bring it on!
開始吧!
Role-play
角色扮演
Hello, Feifei. How are you today?
菲菲你好。你今天過的怎樣?
Fine thanks, just finishing this report. What can I do for you?
很好謝謝,剛剛完成報告。有什麼需要我幫忙的嗎?
I just wanted to ask: Would you mind turning off the air conditioning?
我只是想問:你介意我關掉空調嗎?
Oh, ok, sure.
哦,好的,可以。
It's just a bit cold in here, thanks.
這裡真的有點涼。謝謝。
Oh, sorry, of course, no problem.
對不起,當然,不客氣。
And I wanted to say, we've got some visitors coming over this afternoon, so is it ok if we have a meeting in here?
我想說,今下午有一些參觀者要過來,我們在這裡開個會可以嗎?
Yes that's ok with me, but would you mind keeping the noise down please?
是的,我沒問題,但你是否介意聲音小一些呢?
Yes, of course.
當然可以。
And would you mind tidying up after the meeting? It was left in a bit of a mess last time.
你介意會議結束後清理一下嗎?上次這裡被弄的亂七八糟的。
Sure, I'm busy all afternoon though, so I'll have to leave it until the evening.
好的,我整個下午都在忙,所以我到晚上才能清理。
I'd rather you didn't, if you don't mind. We need to use the room again at 4pm.
我寧願你不這樣,如果你不介意。我們在下午四點需要用這個房間。
Oh, ok, I'll do it sooner then.
好的,那我會盡快整理。
Thanks. And that's the end of today's role-play! How was it for you?
謝謝。今天的角色扮演到此結束!你覺得怎樣呢?
It was very, very polite!
我覺得非常禮貌!
That's British culture for you!
以上就是英國文化。
And that's all we've got time for today. Feifei, would you mind joining me soon for another episode of 6 Minute English?
以上就是我們今天的節目。菲菲,你介意繼續下一期六分鍾英語嗎?
Of course! See you next time.
當然不介意!下期再見。
Join us again, wherever you're working.
無論你在哪裡,繼續加入我們吧。
Bye!
再見!

arrow
arrow
    創作者介紹
    創作者 字神帝國英語天地 的頭像
    字神帝國英語天地

    字神帝國英語天地

    字神帝國英語天地 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()