close

13769346_616949201813757_7501484349520509781_n  

 

今日主題:英國女首相特麗莎梅的就職演講 / Theresa May take over the British prime minister

凱妃老師&派老師共同推薦:雅思聽力最好的課外教材:BBC
康康精選雅思會考的主題,堅持每天精聽一定會進步的哦!!

建議方法:
1.
先聽兩三遍 (不看文稿)
2.
再一句一句聽寫 (每句都要聽寫數遍,直到寫出85%以上的字)
3.
最後check文稿,看哪聽不出來,單字沒背過,還是發音不熟。
4.
堅持天天聽,就能每天進步哦。
‪#‎BBC 
六分鐘英語

MP3音檔 (按右鍵可下載聽):喜歡的同學,幫忙推或按讚哦~~
http://static.iyuba.com/sounds/minutes/1047.mp3

只有音檔怎夠,聽不懂地方,不用怕,康康幫你準備好中英文稿了:

中英文稿:
I have just been to Buckingham Palace where Her Majesty the Queen has asked me to form a new government, and I accepted.
我剛去過白金漢宮,女王陛下要求我組建新政府,我接受了。


In David Cameron, I follow in the footsteps of a great, modern prime minister.
沿大衛卡梅倫的足跡前行,他是一位偉大、現代的首相。


Under David’s leadership, the government stabilized the economy, reduced the budget deficit, and helped more people into work than ever before.
在卡梅倫的領導下,政府穩定了經濟,降低了財政赤字,幫助比以往更多的人找到工作。


But David’s true legacy is not about the economy, but about social justice.
但大衛真正的遺產並非搞經濟,而是社會公正。


From the introduction of same-sex marriage, to taking people on low wages out of income tax altogether.
他認可同性婚姻,讓低收入人群徹底免交所得稅。


David Cameron has led a one nation government and it is in that spirit that I also plan to lead.
卡梅倫領導了一國政府,我將本著這種精神執政。


Because not everybody knows this, but the full title of my party is the Conservative and Unionist Party.
不是所有人都清楚,我所在的黨的全稱是保守和統一黨。


And that word Unionist is very important to me.
統一一詞對我而言至關重要。


It means we believe in the Union.
這表明我相信統一。


That precious, precious bond between England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
這是英格蘭、蘇格蘭、威爾士和北愛爾蘭之間十分珍貴的結合。


But it means something else that is just as important.
可它還意味著同樣重要的東西。


It means that we believe in a Union not just of the nations of the United Kingdom, but between all of our citizens.
它意味著我們不僅相信聯合王國的統一,還相信所有公民的統一。


Every one of us, whoever we are and wherever we are from.
每個人,不論我們是誰,我們從哪裡來。


That means fighting against the burning injustice that if you are born poor, you will die on average nine years earlier than others.
那意味著要反對強烈的不公正:如果你出身貧窮,就比其他人少活九年;


If you’re black, you’re treated more harshly by the criminal justice system than if you are white.
如果你是黑人,相比于白人會受到司法體系更嚴厲的懲罰。


If you’re a white, working-class boy, you’re less likely than anyone else in Britain to go to university.
如果你是白人工人階級的男孩,在英國上大學的機會最低。


If you’re at a state school, you’re less likely to reach the top professions than if you were educated privately.
如果你上國立學校,相比接受私立教育的人獲得頂尖工作的機會要少。


If you are a woman, you will earn less than a man.
如果你是一個婦女,你賺的比男人少。


If you suffer from mental health problems, there’s not enough help to hand.
如果你有精神疾病,會缺少幫助。


If you’re young, you’ll find it harder than ever before to own your own home.
如果你是年輕人,會比前人更難擁有自己的住房。


But the mission to make Britain a country that works for everyone means more than just fighting these injustices.
可讓英國成為為所有人服務這一使命不僅意味著應對這些不公。


If you’re from an ordinary working-class family, life is much harder than many people in Westminster realize.
如果你來自普通工人階級家庭,生活比政府裡許多人知道的更艱難。


You have the job, but you don’t always have the job security.
你有工作,可往往並不穩定。


You have your own home, but you worry about paying the mortgage.
你有房子,可擔心付不起月供。


You can just about manage, but you worry about the cost of living and getting your kids into a good school.
你還能湊合活,卻擔心生活費增加,沒法把孩子送進好學校。


If you’re one of those families.
如果你來自這些家庭


If you’re just managing,I want to address you directly.
如果你也湊合活著,我想要直接和你說:


I know you’re working around the clock, I know you’re doing your best, and I know that sometimes, life can be a struggle.
我知道你起早貪黑,我知道你竭盡全力,我知道生活有時是一種掙扎。


The government I lead will be driven not by the interests of a privileged few, but by yours.
我領導的政府不會被一小撮特權群體的利益驅使,而會因你的利益而奔走。


We will do everything we can to give you more control over your lives.
我們將盡一切所能讓你更好掌控自己的生活。


When we take the big calls, we’ll think not of the powerful but you.
我們做重大決定時,我們想的不是那些有權之人,而是你們。


When we pass new laws, we’ll listen not to the mighty, but you.
我們通過新法時,我們不聽那些有勢之人,而是你們。


When it comes to taxes we’ll prioritize not the wealthy, but you.
。當收稅時,我們不會優先考慮那些有錢之人,而是你們。


When it comes to opportunity, we won’t entrench the advantages of the fortunate few.
當提供機會時,我們不會只給予那些少數幸運之人。


We will do everything we can to help anybody, whatever your background, to go as far as your talents will take you.
我們將盡一切所能幫助所有人,不論你背景如何,都讓你能發揮所長。


We are living through an important moment in our country’s history.
我們經歷著國家歷史上一個重要時刻。


Following the referendum we face a time of great national change.
公投後我們面臨著國家重大變革的時代。


And I know because we’re Great Britain, we will rise to the challenge.
我知道因為我們是大不列顛,我們將迎接挑戰。


As we leave the European Union, we will forge a bold, new positive role for ourselves in the world.
我們離開了歐盟,我們會在世界上打造一個勇敢、積極的新角色。


And we will make Britain a country that works not for a privileged few, but for everyone of us.
我們要讓英國成為不為少數特權階級服務的國家,一個為每個人服務的國家。


That will be the mission of the government I lead, and together, we will build a better Britain.
這是我領導政府的使命,我們一起努力,就會建成一個更美好的英國。

arrow
arrow
    創作者介紹
    創作者 字神帝國英語天地 的頭像
    字神帝國英語天地

    字神帝國英語天地

    字神帝國英語天地 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()