14291869_641652566010087_4854398690673394477_n  

 

今日主題:A recipe for disaster / 後患無窮

凱妃老師&派老師共同推薦:雅思聽力最好的課外教材:BBC
康康精選雅思會考的主題,堅持每天精聽一定會進步的哦!!

建議方法:
1.
先聽兩三遍 (不看文稿)
2.
再一句一句聽寫 (每句都要聽寫數遍,直到寫出85%以上的字)
3.
最後check文稿,看哪聽不出來,單字沒背過,還是發音不熟。
4.
堅持天天聽,就能每天進步哦。
#BBC 
地道英語 
MP3
音檔 (按右鍵可下載聽):喜歡的同學,幫忙推或按讚哦~~
http://static.iyuba.com/sounds/minutes/588.mp3

只有音檔怎夠,聽不懂地方,不用怕,康康幫你準備好中英文稿了:

中英文稿:
Hello and welcome to The English We Speak.
大家好,歡迎來到BBC地道英語。


…and hello, I’m Rob. Err, Feifei what are you doing?
嗨,我是Rob。額,菲菲你在幹什麼?


I’m making a cake – a chocolate cake - obviously!
我在做蛋糕巧克力蛋糕很顯然啦!


Why are you making a chocolate cake?
為什麼你在做巧克力蛋糕呢?


It’s Helen’s birthday. What’s wrong with that Rob?
今天是海倫的生日。 Rob,難道做個蛋糕不好嗎?


Well, for a start we are in a radio studio not a kitchen.
額。。。首先我們現在在錄音棚,不是在廚房。


Also, you’ve only got five minutes before she arrives –
還有,只剩下五分鐘海倫就來了


and you’re putting salt in the cake mix not sugar.
另外你把鹽誤當成白糖放進去了。


Ooops!
天呐!


It’s a recipe for disaster!
這真是後患無窮啊!


A recipe for disaster? No, look, it’s a recipe for a chocolate cake Rob. That might be – but a recipe for disaster means a combination of things that will,
災難的食譜?不是的, Rob,你快看,這是做巧克力蛋糕的食譜。是的但是“a recipe for disaster”指的是一連串的事情將會發生,


at some point, go wrong and cause harm, damage or in this case, humiliation – in other words it will end in trouble.
在某些方面,事情將會搞砸或者造成損失、傷害和羞辱——也就是說,將會釀成麻煩。


So the phrase isn’t about cooking? Oh dear Rob, this wasn’t the recipe I wanted to follow!
那麼說,這個短語跟做飯沒有關係嘍?奧,親愛的,這不是我想要的食譜。


No. Let’s hear some examples of this phrase in action – and we can work out how to limit the damage.
不是的。現在我們來聽幾個關於這個短語的幾個例子我們就可以控制下損失了。


My doctor says drinking too much, not exercising enough,
我的醫生說,經常喝酒,又不鍛煉,


and having a stressful job are a recipe for disaster. He says I might die young!
並且工作壓力大就會後患無窮。他說我可能英年早逝!


I’m not looking forward to the party.
我不想去參加那個聚會。


Having my wife and ex-girlfriend in the same room will be a recipe for disaster!
與我的妻子和前女友共處一室真是一團亂麻啊!


Watch out on the road tonight – all that rain followed by freezing temperatures is a recipe for disaster.
小心看路——下著雨,又結冰真是容易造成麻煩啊。


So put another way, "a recipe for disaster" is a phrase that means someone’s actions will result in things going badly wrong. So what problem is my cake making going to cause, Rob?Well can’t you see there’s cake mix on the table – the cake won’t be ready in time –
所以,這樣說,“a recipe for disaster”是指某人的行為將會釀成麻煩。那我做的蛋糕將會造成什麼麻煩呢? Rob? 額,你看桌子上有一團做蛋糕的麵團這個蛋糕不會按時做好的


and it’ll taste disgusting with all that salt in it.
放了那麼多鹽,味道也將會非常糟糕的。


Oh calm down – do you want to taste the cake mix?
冷靜下你想嘗嘗這個混合口味的蛋糕嗎?


Oh go on then…. Mmmm, actually it’s not too bad. And there’s not much mess.
好啊...嗯,味道還可以。並不是很糟糕。


Perhaps it’s not a disaster – but maybe we shouldn’t give it to Helen. Shall we keep it for later?
也許這不是災難但是我們不應該把這個蛋糕送給海倫。不然我們留著自己吃?


Ha ha – it looks like this has been a recipe for success!
哈哈看起來這是成功的食譜啊!


For once Feifei, you might be right! Bye!
菲菲,也許你是對的。拜拜!


Bye.
拜。

arrow
arrow

    字神帝國英語天地 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()